What is a Variance, and how do I get one?

Variance means a grant of relief from the requirements of your zone district which permits construction in a manner that would otherwise be prohibited by your zone district. To apply for a variance or determine if a variance will be required please contact the Planning Division at 303.438.6284 or Planning@Broomfield.org

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain approval for a temporary commercial sign?
2. What does the zoning of my property mean?
3. Can I run a business out of my home?
4. Can I keep a trash dumpster on my residential property?
5. Do I need a permit if I am just changing the lettering on an existing sign?
6. What is a Variance, and how do I get one?
7. What is a legal non-conforming use?
8. What are your hours, and who is on your staff?
9. I want to develop / build on my lot, what is required?
10. How and to whom do I report a code violation to?
11. How does the planning / development review process work?
12. How long is the planning/development process, or how long does it take to get this project approved?
13. What is an urban renewal plan and a sub-area plan?