In an effort to conserve existing water resources and maximize Broomfield’s future water supply, the Water Resources Division is committed to developing and maintaining a robust water efficiency program.
If you are interested in contributing to Broomfield’s water efficiency goals, check out the links below to learn more about four easy ways to save water.
- Landscape Watering Tips: Saving water doesn’t mean sacrificing a healthy landscape. Following a few simple tips will help you conserve water while also ensuring a green landscape.
- Fix a Leak Week: Are you ready to chase down leaks? Household leaks can waste nearly 1 trillion gallons of water annually nationwide, so each year we hunt down the drips during Fix a Leak Week.
- Shower Better, Save Energy: Showering is an important part of the day—and one of the leading ways Americans use water in the home, accounting for nearly 17% of indoor water use. But you can shower better by replacing your old shower head with a WaterSense labeled model and save water, energy, and money.
- Rebates for Water Efficiency: The City and County of Broomfield offers a variety of water rebates. Rebates help offset the cost to replace inefficient toilets and sprinklers with new, water-efficient models. Broomfield also offers rebates for rain barrels!
- Greywater Systems: Greywater is water discharged from bathroom and laundry room sinks, bathtubs, showers and laundry machines that is treated for cleanliness then reused for irrigation and other purposes.
- Slow the Flow Sprinkler Evaluations: Save water, save money and save precious resources: sign up for a FREE outdoor sprinkler evaluation to identify how small changes in your outdoor watering routine can make a big difference on your water bill.
- Garden In A Box: Gain curb appeal, lower water costs, and access professional design without a professional landscape price tag with Garden In A Box! Plus, Broomfield residents qualify for $25 off these low water plant kits.
- Lawn Replacement Program: Broomfield and Resource Central want to help you transform your thirsty lawn into a beautiful, low-water landscape! Check out the new Lawn Replacement Program for discounts when you remove a section of lawn.
- Large Property Turf Replacement Rebate Program: Are you a business owner, HOA board member or property manager looking to reduce your outdoor water use, maintenance costs and save money? Broomfield’s non-residential and multi-family water customers can now receive a rebate of $1.20 per square foot when they convert their turf grass into a water-wise landscape.