In an effort to conserve existing water resources and maximize Broomfield’s future water supply, the Water Resources Division is committed to developing and maintaining a robust water efficiency program that aligns with the goals outlined in the city's 2020 Water Efficiency Plan.
If you are interested in contributing to Broomfield’s water efficiency goals, check out the links below to learn more about four easy ways to save water.
- Landscape Watering Tips: Saving water doesn’t mean sacrificing a healthy landscape. Following a few simple tips will help you conserve water while also ensuring a green landscape.
- Fix a Leak Week: Are you ready to chase down leaks? Household leaks can waste nearly 1 trillion gallons of water annually nationwide, so each year we hunt down the drips during Fix a Leak Week.
- Shower Better, Save Energy: Showering is an important part of the day—and one of the leading ways Americans use water in the home, accounting for nearly 17% of indoor water use. But you can shower better by replacing your old shower head with a WaterSense labeled model and save water, energy, and money.
- Rebates for Water Efficiency: The City and County of Broomfield offers a variety of water rebates. Rebates help offset the cost to replace inefficient toilets and sprinklers with new, water-efficient models. Broomfield also offers rebates for rain barrels!
- Greywater Systems: Greywater is water discharged from bathroom and laundry room sinks, bathtubs, showers and laundry machines that is treated for cleanliness then reused for irrigation and other purposes.
- Slow the Flow Sprinkler Evaluations: Save water, save money and save precious resources: sign up for a FREE outdoor sprinkler evaluation to identify how small changes in your outdoor watering routine can make a big difference on your water bill.
- Garden In A Box: Gain curb appeal, lower water costs, and access professional design without a professional landscape price tag with Garden In A Box! Plus, Broomfield residents qualify for $25 off these low water plant kits.
- Lawn Replacement Program: Broomfield and Resource Central want to help you transform your thirsty lawn into a beautiful, low-water landscape! Check out the new Lawn Replacement Program for discounts when you remove a section of lawn.
- Large Property Turf Replacement Rebate Program: Are you a business owner, HOA board member or property manager looking to reduce your outdoor water use, maintenance costs and save money? Broomfield’s non-residential and multi-family water customers can now receive a rebate of $1.20 per square foot when they convert their turf grass into a water-wise landscape.