- Public Works
- Water Resources/Water Treatment Plant
- Water Resources
- Water Efficiency
- Lawn Replacement Program
- Large Property Turf Replacement Rebate Program
Large Property Turf Replacement Rebate Program
Multi-family and non-residential water customers can now receive $1.20 per square foot to convert areas of high-water, cool-season turf grass (such as Kentucky Bluegrass) into native and waterwise landscapes.
In addition to supporting the city's water conservation goals, benefits of these landscapes include savings on your water bill, lower long-term maintenance, habitat for pollinators, and increased drought resilience.
Eligible water customers include
Businesses, HOAs, multi-family complexes, schools, parks, faith-based organizations, and other commercial, industrial, or institutional water customers within the City and County of Broomfield.
How to earn a rebate for turf replacement of large or commercial properties
To earn a rebate, follow these five steps below.
Step 1: Check your property's zoning through the Planning Division
If the property is subject to a planned unit development (PUD) plan, then an Administrative Modification Application to the site development plan must be reviewed and approved prior to beginning construction. Note that this approval process may take approximately one month to complete.
Previous PUD Landscaping plans can be retrieved by contacting CCOB’s Planning Division at (303) 438-6284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Review these Fact Sheets for information about:
- Customer Eligibility Requirements, and the eligible Plant List
- General Terms and Conditions
- General Landscape & Irrigation Terms and Condition
Step 3: Complete the application
- Submit an Administrative Modification Application with $50 fee, and include the following items with the application submittal documents:
- 5-8 before photos
- Large Property Turf Replacement Rebate Program - Application Questionnaire
- If applicable, the Licensed Contractor and/or Licenced Landscape Architect information
- For any new, replaced and/or retrofitted irrigation systems:
- An irrigation plan (refer to the current Standards and Specifications section 161.00, and 161.14-16 for drawing submittal guidelines).
- If applicable, a Building Permit or a Public/Private Improvement Permit (PPIP) and fee(s).
Step 4: Upon approval, install your landscape!
Step 5: After the project is complete:
- Set up a final inspection with the Planning Division by November 1st
- Submit final documentation to include the following:
- Approved permit inspection forms
- If applicable, irrigation “as-builts”, as described in the Rebate Application Questionnaire.
- Upon final approval, a rebate check will be issued to the project applicant within 8-12 weeks.
Questions? Contact CCOB's Planning Division at 303-438-6284 or email email@example.com.