Oil and Gas
News, Data & Updates
OIL AND GAS HEALTH SURVEY
EXTRACTION NOISE VARIANCE HEARING UPDATE
- The noise variance hearing set for tonight (9/30/21) has been cancelled. It is not being held in a closed meeting. The applicant, Extraction, requested a postponement of the hearing on its noise variance request as a result of the District Court's order on Extraction's appeal of its municipal court noise convictions. The order was issued Tuesday, September 28, and the District Court ruled that the noise ordinance does not apply to Extraction.
- Separate and apart from the noise hearing, the City and County Attorney requested an executive session with City Council to discuss the Court's order on the noise appeal. This is a closed executive session for the purpose of having an attorney-client privilege discussion on the Court's order and legal impacts.
- The noise variance hearing was not converted to a closed meeting. The noise variance hearing - any variance hearing - cannot be held in private. City Council's consideration of any variance request is a quasi-judicial hearing and the deliberations must be in public.
EXTRACTION OIL AND GAS SCHEDULE OF UPCOMING OPERATIONS
- Extraction has provided Broomfield with an anticipated schedule of operations at the Interchange, Northwest, and United well pads for 2021 and 2022. Extraction's anticipated schedule of operations can be viewed here. Broomfield’s oil and gas inspectors continue to be onsite and inspecting Extraction operations at these well pads daily. Broomfield has air quality monitoring and sound monitoring in place now, in anticipation of these upcoming operations.
BROOMFIELD'S OIL AND GAS REGULATIONS
- Broomfield has revised its oil and gas regulations. First Reading of the proposed regulations at a City Council meeting occurred on April 27th and the Second Reading and passage of the regulations occurred at the May 11th City Council meeting. View the final draft of the oil and gas regulations here.
- 2/11/2021: The City and County of Broomfield has been informed that Extraction Oil and Gas intends to resume drilling operations in Broomfield in 2021. Specific plans, sites, or schedules have not been provided, although requested repeatedly, as this information is needed to best deploy air quality monitoring equipment and other resources available. The City and County of Broomfield remains committed to prioritizing the health and safety of residents and the community. More information will be provided when possible.
- Please see an FAQ document on the Extraction bankruptcy here.
- Oil & Gas Questions and Public Notices Dashboard
- Daily Data Snapshot
- View past snapshots
- Oil & Gas Bi-Weekly Discussion Agendas Archive
- Link to real-time noise monitor data
Maps of all oil and gas operations including inspection data can be found below.
The City and County of Broomfield is committed to providing responsive and effective leadership by supporting open, transparent and accountable government. Please use the following links for updated operational information.
- Beginning December 14, 2021, monthly Oil and Gas updates will be included on the City Council agenda and be presented during regularly scheduled City Council meetings in place of the biweekly public meetings. Summary information of the monthly Oil and Gas updates can be viewed here. Upcoming proposed City Council agenda items can be viewed here. Archived recordings of previous BiWeekly Oil & Gas Discussions can be found here. Hint:
- Scroll down to ARCHIVED MINUTES/VIDEO/AUDIO
- Click on Other Events tab
- Expand +Oil and Gas
- Oil & Gas questions and public notices Dashboard
- Register for CodeRED alerts
- Review frequently asked questions
- Filing Comments on State oil & gas permits
- View previously submitted concerns
State Agencies with Jurisdiction
- Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- COGCC Complaint Filing
- Colorado Department of Public Health & the Environment - Oil & Gas and Your Health. Health concern data by county.
Note The Local Government Designee is notified by the State anytime a permit for oil and gas activity is requested within the City and County of Broomfield.