Oil and Gas
Map of all oil and gas operations in Broomfield. Currently being developed pads map & schedule.
Email Alerts - Sign up via Broomfield.org/BInTheLoop for the “Oil and Gas Information” list for inbox alerts of dashboard and snapshot updates.
Oil & Gas Communications - See the upcoming proposed City Council agenda for date(s) and time(s) to watch bi-annual Oil and Gas presentations at City Council Meeting(s) in person, online, or Comcast Channel 8. Summary information of the bi-annual Oil and Gas updates can be viewed here Version OptionsOil and GasHeadline. Recent changes to Oil and Gas communications include:
- Aug. 23, 2022 - There will be no monthly Oil & Gas Update presented during the regularly scheduled Council meeting.
- Sep. 27, 2022 - Air Quality Monitoring (AQM) Quarterly Report (Q2 2022) will be presented at the Council meeting.
- Following the September 27 AQM Quarterly Report, Oil & Gas Updates will be combined with AQM Quarterly Reports and presented on a bi-annual basis during regularly scheduled Council meetings.
- The next Oil & Gas Update to Council will be scheduled for April 2023.
- Oil & Gas updates such as the Oil & Gas Data Snapshot and B-in-the-Loop notifications will be sent every other week on Fridays beginning Aug. 12, 2022.
- City Council and residents can continue to engage with staff via the Oil & Gas Immediate Concern Line and through the Oil & Gas Dashboard.
Property Notification Requirements
The City and County of Broomfield passed Ordinance No. 2178 in April 2022 regarding setbacks from oil and gas facilities and associated notification requirements. Oil and Gas Notification
The City and County of Broomfield is committed to providing responsive and effective leadership by supporting open, transparent and accountable government. Please use the links at the top of the website and below for additional operational information.
- Review frequently asked questions
- Filing Comments on State oil & gas permits
- View previously submitted concerns
State Agencies with Jurisdiction
- Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- COGCC Complaint Filing
- Colorado Department of Public Health & the Environment - Oil & Gas and Your Health. Health concern data by county.
Note The Local Government Designee is notified by the State anytime a permit for oil and gas activity is requested within the City and County of Broomfield.