LookoutAlert Emergency Notifications
When emergencies happen, be the first to know.
LookoutAlert is the official emergency notification system of the City and County of Broomfield, through a regional collaborative of Jefferson County and the City of Westminster. The City and County of Broomfield is moving the mass emergency notification system to the Smart911 platform, which provides enhanced capabilities. You can receive free alerts from the City and County of Broomfield via text message, email, and/or voice message.
Once you’ve created a profile, you can do the following:
- Add your address to receive location-specific alerts
- Indicate what types of alerts you want to receive including weather, emergency and more.
- Indicate how you want to be notified by text, email, and/or voice message.
Choose Your Sign Up Method!
View the Sign up Guide or more details.
1. Create a profile through the website opt-in page
Sign up for the alerts you want to receive through the LookoutAlert website.
2. Download the Smart911 app and Opt-In
Receive targeted community and weather alerts. Download the Smart911 app for free and opt-in to plan ahead for any emergency.
3. Send a text message to opt-in
This is the quickest way to sign up. Text LookoutAlert to 67283 to get the link to register.
- Why should I sign-up for LookoutAlert?
- How does the LookoutAlert system work?
- How much does it cost?
- Why was LookoutAlert implemented when we already had CodeRED?
- Can you guarantee that I will receive notification if I register for LookoutAlert?
- How do I sign-up for LookoutAlert?
- When I signed up for LookoutAlert it says I already have an account.
- Who can sign-up for LookoutAlert?
- Is LookoutAlert the same as Smart911?
- I already have a Smart911 account, how do I sign up for LookoutAlert?
- I don’t have a Smart911 account but want to sign up for both services. How do I do that?
- Will I receive alerts if I don’t sign-up?
- What types of alerts will I receive?
- How will I identify incoming alerts?
- Can I call the alert phone number back or reply back to the email?
- When will I start receiving alerts?
- How do I update or remove my notification preferences and contact information used by LookoutAlert?
- How often will I receive alerts?
- How does the LookoutAlert system respond to busy signals or no-answer situations?
- If I am unable to make or receive calls or text messages during an emergency, will I still receive alerts from the LookoutAlert system?
- What if I receive a call at home and I am not there to answer it?
- What other safety and alerting systems should I sign-up for and be aware of?
- Will my information be disclosed or shared?
- What precautions are taken to protect personal contact information stored in the LookoutAlert system?
- How do I update or remove my contact information in the LookoutAlert database?