September is Workforce Development Month
Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of all American workers. Carrying on tradition, Workforce Development Month has been declared by Colorado's Governor Polis to be celebrated in September to coincide with the Labor Day holiday, to celebrate the achievements of the workers in America and the contributions they have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.
The Broomfield Workforce Center is commemorating the two observances with a full calendar of virtual events accessed via Google Meet which allow for a phone-in option. We are concluding the month with a Drive-Thru Open House, following all health and safety guidelines, where visitors will be given a goodie bag with job search essentials, resources highlighting our core services, and the opportunity to meet the awesome (masked) Broomfield Workforce team.
The virtual events range from an array of services, workshops, and forums.
Celebrate with us! Everyone is welcome!
Click on an event for more details and join codes.
Details of Events
- Resume: Learn the latest tips and trends on the modern resume.
- Think Like an Employer: Learn how employers think during the job search process.
- Acing the Interview: How to prepare and successfully interview, the dos and don’ts.
- Job Search During a Pandemic: Strategies for job searching amidst the pandemic.
- Veteran Virtual Open House: Overview of our workforce services for Veterans.
- Boss vs. Leader: What does it take to be a leader? Join us and find out.
- ADA Job Seekers and Employers: Employee and Employer intro to ADA.
- LinkedIn: How to polish your LinkedIn profile and understand the functions.
- Talent Insights for Job Seekers: Learn about our Profiler-Growth Assessment.
- Talent Insights for Employers: Can an assessment help improve your work team?
- Careers in Construction Workshop: An overview of construction career opportunities.
- Virtual Business Exploration Forums: Businesses showcase their company, current job openings, job application process, and much more.
- Broomfield Workforce Center Drive-Thru Open House: Following all health and safety guidelines, we are ending the month with a Drive-Thru Open House where visitors will be given a goodie bag with job search essentials, resources highlighting our core services, and the opportunity to meet the awesome (masked) Workforce team.
The Workforce Resource Room will be open by appointment and is available Monday-Friday by calling 303.464.5855.
- The center will be closed from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. to allow for mid-day cleaning
- If you are experiencing job loss or reduction in work hours please file a claim for Unemployment Insurance Benefits through the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Information on health insurance options after job loss
Complete your registration with Workforce through www.ConnectingColorado.com