Engineering is a division within the Community Development Department. The Engineering staff creates and monitors engineering requirements for the design and construction of street and traffic systems, water systems, sanitary sewer, park systems and drainage facilities. The intent is to maintain and improve our residents’ quality of life, protect the environment, and anticipate future needs of the community. Work is accomplished by highly trained employees in a professional and respectful manner.
- What can I do if I have standing water on my sidewalk or in my curb?
- Is my property in a floodplain?
- What can I do if my sewer is backing up?
- Do I have to have flood insurance?
- Can I get flood insurance if my property is not in the 100-year floodplain?
- What should I do if there is a street light outage?
- If a traffic signal is malfunctioning who do I call?
- Can I place storage pods or dumpsters on the street?
- Am I required to have a permit for a block party, parade, fun run, or other street closure?
- Are there weight restrictions or routes specifically for heavy construction or oversize, overweight vehicles?
- Do you have additional Excess Size and Weight Questions?