The City and County of Broomfield Office’s will be closed Monday, June 19th in observance of Juneteenth.
TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION
A City and County With a Vision for the Future
The City and County of Broomfield’s transportation vision is to provide a well connected and well maintained multimodal transportation system that safely and effectively accommodates all modes (pedestrian, bicycle, automobile, bus, rail, and freight), provides mobility for goods and people of all ages and abilities while supporting economic development, reducing dependence on the single-occupant vehicle, and minimizing environmental impacts.
-2016 Broomfield Comprehensive Plan
Transportation is a basic human need that affects the quality of life every day. Broomfield residents require transportation to get to work, school, medical facilities, recreational amenities, shopping, and community and social activities.
A well-connected and efficient transportation network allows access to higher-paying and varying job types, a wider selection of housing options, and more convenient health and human services. An integrated multimodal transportation system allows residents, employees, and visitors of Broomfield the freedom of personal mobility and choice of how to travel— whether it’s walking, biking, driving, carpooling, or riding public or private transportation.
- Conducts capacity analyses to determine how much traffic can logically fit on a roadway in a safe and efficient manner.
- Conducts traffic counts for roadways and intersections to determine the volume of traffic, where the traffic is going to and from, and the type of traffic on the roadway.
- Reviews safety features of a road and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Determines appropriate signing and pavement markings along a new or existing road.
- Investigates accidents and determines if changes can be made to roadways or intersections to make it safer for all who use those roads.
- Conducts investigations and develops traffic calming measures on public roadways.
- Provides traffic signal timing as well as signal progression and maintains traffic systems on all roadways
- Works closely with a developer or builder to determine the impact that a new development or construction project might have on the road system and then make recommendations to mitigate or offset the impact of that new development.
Transportation Manager Traffic Engineer Admin Coordinator - Transportation email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com 303-438-6385 303-438-6375 303-438-6379 One DesCombes Drive, Broomfield, CO 80020