I have questions about mineral rights.

Researching to determine your property's mineral rights is not a function of the assessor's office but we can offer a general direction from where to begin your search. Mineral rights may or may not appear on your deed.  Deeds are recorded for public record at the Clerk & Recorder’s Office.  Since Broomfield has only been a county since 2001, our records are not complete so you may need to contact the legacy county (the county your property was located in before 2001 - Boulder, Weld, Jefferson or Adams).  

Due to the complexity of mineral rights research, you may need to hire a real estate attorney or a title company to assist you.

Show All Answers

1. What does the assessor's office do?
2. How do I look up my property value?
3. How are taxes calculated?
4. What are ACTUAL vs ASSESSED values, assessment rates, and mill levies?
5. What is the assessment date?
6. What are the assessment RATES?
7. What are mill levies (detailed)?
8. What are taxing authorities?
9. How do I appeal my property value?
10. I have questions about paying my tax bill.
11. I have questions about mineral rights.
12. Where can I get information about my property lines?
13. I have questions about planning / zoning / building codes / permits.
14. How do I change my mailing address?