Any individual who sells goods or services or takes orders for the sale of future delivery of goods or services at any residence in the city is required to obtain a Solicitor's License, per Broomfield Municipal Code (BMC).
$100.00 non-refundable per license, valid for one year
$10.00 non-refundable for a replacement badge
Application and Procedure
Applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
City Clerk / solicitor licensing
One DesCombes Drive
Broomfield, CO 80020
Applications are also accepted in the City Clerk's office Monday - Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm or by emailing email@example.com
- completed Solicitor's License Application to the City Clerk's office, legal name must be used
- individual’s valid driver’s license, state issued identification card, or passport
- credentials: a signed letter on company letterhead from the person, firm, or corporation applicant is to represent
- fee: call 303-438-6332 to pay with credit card by phone, mail a check, or submit cash, check, or credit card in person at the City Clerk's office
- If submitting multiple applications by email, attach the current photo ID to each application.
- a background check will be conducted which will take approximately 3 weeks
- applicant will be contacted as to approval or denial
- if approved, applicant must pick up badge at City Clerk's office
Refer to these FAQs for more information before soliciting. If there are any questions contact the City Clerk's office at 303.438.6332.
No solicitation before 9:00 am or after 9:00 pm and badges must be worn at all times while doing business in Broomfield.
Under section 5-20-140(A) of the Broomfield Municipal Code, it is unlawful to solicit at any residence where a sign has been conspicuously displayed at the residence.