Austin ran and was elected in 2021 for Broomfield City Council representing Ward 2. While originally from Wyoming, Austin has lived in Colorado for the past 10 years. Since 2016, he has been a fierce transportation advocate, specifically public transportation, bike infrastructure, and walkable communities. Austin bikes about 20 miles to and from work Monday through Friday!
Austin graduated from The University of Colorado Boulder in 2018 with a Bachelor's Degree in Economics with a Business Minor.
Austin is currently a bus operator for RTD.
Austin is currently serving on the following Boards:
- Broomfield County Transportation Forum
- Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG)
- North Area Transportation Alliance (NATA)
- Commuting Solutions (US 36)
- Flatiron Improvement District (FID) Board of Directors
- Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport Community Noise Roundtable
Hobbies & Interests
Austin's hobbies include hiking, biking, skiing, swimming, off-roading, and cooking. He is very interested in history, specifically political history.