Heidi Henkel was elected by Ward 5 in 2019. Her current term ends November 2023.
Heidi grew up in Parker and Niwot, Colorado and attended Baylor University and Colorado State University. After college, Heidi and her husband Scott lived in various states as Scott served his time as an Army Officer in the 82nd Airborne Division and as an Aide-de-Camp to Brigadier General Urias, serving in the United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command. During that time, Heidi taught high school science and math as well as coached both the boys and girls varsity tennis teams. They have lived in WA, TX, NC, AL, and MD. After his deployment to Afghanistan in 2007, they settled in Broomfield and now have two children, Connor and Emerson, and a dog named Baron Von B. Heidi is proud to serve the community that has brought so much opportunity for her family and continuously advocates for sustainability, affordable housing, small businesses, health and safety, diversity, and government transparency.
Heidi has established office hours every Monday 12:30-2:30pm at the city and county building. Feel free to email her to set up an appointment for that time, or request another time that is convenient for you.
Heidi holds a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences with a Secondary Teaching Credential for General Science.
- Climate Reality Leadership Corps, Los Angeles 2018
- Heart’s Journey Christian Leadership 2017-2018
- Adams 12 ELEVATE Core Team Member 2017
- Adams 12 Leadership Academy 2016
- Global Leadership Summit 2016
- Discovery Christian Church Leadership Training 2015
- Founder of Broomfield Moms Active Community 2018
- Co-Chair Climate Conversations Event 2018
- Co-Chair Meridian Elementary Fun Run and Fall Festival 2018
- Scholarship Board Meridian Elementary 2017-2018
- Westlake Math Tutor 2016-2018
- Champa House Math Tutor 2013-2014
- Kenya Missions Trip- Building aquaponics system 2014
- Project Sanctuary- Combat Veteran’s program 2014
- 5 years teaching secondary students science and math, in NC and AL
- 10 years owning her own math and science tutoring business in CO
- 7 years as Communications Director and Next Steps Coordinator at Discovery Christian Church
- 4 years as a researcher and tutor for Boulder Language Technologies
- Currently works in communications for various nonprofits
- Colorado Communities for Climate Action, Board of Directors
- Denver Regional Council of Governments, First Alternate
- Metro Area County Commissioners
- Jefferson Parkway Public Highway Authority, Board of Directors
- Rocky Flats Stewardship Council, First Alternate
- Broomfield County Transportation Forum
- Broomfield Early Childhood Council
- Community Services Block Grant Tripartite Board
Spare time activities:
Heidi enjoys skiing, biking, hiking 14ers, Bible studies, and traveling when she is not enjoying watching her children’s sports activities in football, basketball, football, and track. Our family prioritizes dinner together on most nights, and enjoys talking through interpersonal relationships and soft skills that allow for differentiation of self, emotional health, and our value in this world.