Mayor Guyleen Castriotta
Elected in 2017, and unanimously appointed to Mayor Pro Tem in 2019, Guyleen’s public service record is a strong testament to dedicated, thoughtful, and persistent advocacy on critical issues.
Guyleen has been a fierce advocate for public health and safety and our underserved communities. By staying true to her beliefs and her constituents, she’s built an impressive track record of progressive advocacy, successful initiatives, and responsible governance.
Serving as Co-Chair for CCAT (Counties and Commissioners Acting Together) Guyleen forged strong regional relationships to ensure Broomfield has a seat at the table on issues of statewide concern including fiscal reform. She is a strong and effective voice on regional housing and environmental issues.
Professional CareerHer professional life includes more than 15 years of experience working with local news and national media networks in marketing and communications. She has worked on health and safety initiatives; protecting our open space and promoting equity and inclusion for all of our residents.
Community ParticipationGuyleen has served on:
- Health and Human Services Advisory Committee
- Mile High Flood District Board of Directors
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- County Commissioners Acting Together (CCAT) former Co-Chair
- DRCog Regional Transportation Board
- Open Space and Trails Committee
- Local Licensing Authority
- Colorado Counties, Inc. (CCI)
- Metro Area County Commissioners (MACC)
- Highway 7 Coalition
Guyleen lives with her wife, Carolyn, in the Broadlands along with her 94-year old mother-in-law. In her free time, she enjoys music, Pilates, paddle boarding, and taking advantage of all the amazing things Broomfield has to offer.