- Divisions and Units
- Animal Services
- Pet Registration
One way you, as a pet owner, can assist us with keeping your pet safe is to register your pet. Plus, it's free of charge! Broomfield ordinance requires that all dogs, cats, and ferrets residing in Broomfield be registered. The only prerequisite to pet registration is that the animal must have a current rabies vaccination.
Pet owners can register their pets in one of the following ways:
- Have your pet vaccinated for rabies at a participating veterinary clinic. Once vaccinated, a Broomfield registration tag will be provided to you.
- Bring your pet's rabies vaccination certificate to the citizen's assistance desk located at 1 DesCombes Drive. A Broomfield registration tag will be provided to you free of charge.
Broomfield Animal Services also offers contact-free pet registration. Call 303-438-6400 and let the dispatcher know you need assistance. When complete, an ASO will drop off your pet's registration and tag. Remember, a rabies certificate is required.
REASONS TO REGISTER YOUR PET
- Owner information can be obtained 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Broomfield Police is able to obtain owner information on a pet any time of the day. A traditional rabies tag from your veterinarian can only be traced through the issuing veterinary clinic and only when the clinic is open.
- Home Delivery Program - If an animal services officer finds a registered pet the officer may attempt to return the pet directly back home instead of transporting the animal to our temporary holding facility.
- Contact in Case of Emergency. Helps veterinarians contact you should your pet become injured and need life-saving medical treatment.
- Encourages responsible pet ownership. A prerequisite of pet registration is a current rabies vaccination.
- It's the law.
Have a question about registering your pet? Contact Broomfield Animal Services at 303-438-6400. An animal services officer will return your call as soon as possible.