If you are experiencing job loss or reduction in work hours please file a claim for Unemployment Insurance Benefits through the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment as quickly as possible.
If you are having difficulty filing for unemployment, we understand your frustration. As you can imagine, the system is seeing an unprecedented number of claims. Staff are hard at work to resolve these issues. Here are a few tips:
- Even though it may be frustrating, filing online is still the best method.
- Remember to click on the "Save and Finish Later" button each time you complete a page. This will keep the information that you have already entered from being lost if the system kicks you out
Broomfield Benefits Team (BBT) is a group of case workers working hand in hand to process benefits for Broomfield residents.
Our Process & What To Expect:
BBT operates on a centralized client services approach. This allows us to process all clients’ cases across all programs. This will reduce delays in case processing that occurs when clients are reliant on a single caseworker. Clients have a team working for them. All communications will be channeled through our call center, email, and fax for the best customer service.
- Lobby hours: Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Call Center: 720.887.2290. The Call Center is open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After Hours Drop off: Drop off Box is located on the East side of the HHS building
- Submit applications through PEAK, in person at Broomfield HHS office, fax, US mail, and email
- Some programs require an interview. We will contact you by phone, email and/or US mail if an interview is required.
- Missed appointments: Reschedule at 720.887.2200
Interviews & Appointments
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Check in with the front desk staff.
- Appointment may last approximately 90 minutes.
- There is no child care available at our office.