Spring clean up is provided at by the City and County and gives residents an opportunity to dispose of large, non-hazardous items that trash haulers do not normally pick up.
The 2022 event has concluded; please visit this page in 2023 for future details.
- See below for an interactive map or check out this printable general map to determine your specific area.
- See additional details below or visit this list of items that will be accepted, and examples of items that will not be picked up.
All items must be placed on curb by 7 a.m. (do not place items in driveway or block sidewalks). Items placed after 7 a.m. will NOT be picked up.
- If you have any questions about the event, please contact Dave Jackson, Environmental Waste and Recycling Coordinator, at 303-438-6329 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- En español
Spring Cleanup Interactive Map
View an interactive map of all Spring Cleanup areas and dates by clicking the map below. For general instructions, press the "i" button in the upper right-hand corner of the map.
Materials Accepted for Recycling and Disposal
Reusable Items - To reduce the amount of waste going to a landfill, ARC Thrift Store will provide pick-up of clothes and reusable items on the same day as the waste pick-up. Items should be placed in a visible location and labeled "ARC".
Note Western Disposal will have two trucks picking up items - Recycling and Waste. Please divide items into two separate piles - Recycling (untreated wood and metal) and Waste.
Waste Items Accepted
- Scrap metal, carpet, wood doors, glass doors, cabinets, drywall, fencing materials, and scrap lumber (lightly stained or unpainted only)
- Non-freon appliances such as washers, dryers, ranges, dishwashers, microwave ovens, hot water heaters
- Furniture, bed frames, box springs, mattresses
- Bicycles, swing sets, kiddie swimming and wading pools, lawn furniture, railroad ties, large tree stumps over 12" in diameter
- Barbeque grills may be included if the propane tank has been removed.
- Lawnmowers, combustible engines, and transmissions may be included if all liquids have been drained and if they have been disassembled into parts weighing less than 100 pounds each.
- Other miscellaneous, non-hazardous large "junk" items
These items will NOT be picked up
(This list is NOT all-inclusive.)
- No Computers, TVs, Tires
- Small items that can be picked up by contracted trash haulers
- Any single item that cannot be lifted by two people
- Electronic waste of any kind is prohibited
- Liquid of any kind
- Any appliance with a Freon unit, such as refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners
- Car bodies, car batteries, antifreeze, motor oil, NO TIRES
- Propane tanks from barbeques
- Concrete, concrete pavers, bricks, soil or sod, grass clippings
- Tree branches or tree stumps less than 12" in diameter, shrubs (tree branches less than 12" in diameter may be disposed of year-round at the Tree Branch Recycle drop-off facility at 2990 W. 124th Ave., Wednesdays, 1 - 5 p.m., or Saturdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- Sealed containers or drums, any items listed as a hazardous material, any corrosives, pesticides, herbicides, paint
- Radioactive waste
- Pharmaceutical waste
- Business, commercial, industrial, or agricultural waste
- Household trash
These items are treated as hazardous waste and must be disposed of correctly
(Please check the Boulder County Hazardous Material Management Facility Brochure)
- Electronic waste (also check with retailers for take-back programs)
- Batteries (household and automotive)
- Herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Paint and paint thinners (check for retailers participating in the PaintCare program)
- Combustible material or liquid (lighter fluid, solvents, etc.)
Other Items Requiring Special Handling and NOT Accepted
Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners: Freon is hazardous and requires handling by a state-certified operator. Contact your power company, (Xcel Energy or United Power) or certified Freon removal company to properly remove your appliances.
For propane tank recycling information visit the Eco-Cycle CHaRM website.