Child Watch is open at Paul Derda Recreation
Paul Derda Recreation Center Hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Monday , Tuesday, and Friday 4-6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday 8-11 a.m.
Broomfield Community Center Hours:
Children ages 6 months-10 years old are welcome at this time. Spots will be limited, strict cleaning procedures will be followed, and kids over the age of 2 will be required to wear masks.
- Appointments can be made a week in advance.
- Although drop-ins are welcome, we ask to book an appointment at least 24 hours in advance
- We reserve the right to cancel time slots 24 hours in advance if no appointments have been booked.
Review the Child Watch Handbook for more information and details on COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- To guarantee a spot, families will be able to make a reservation online through Appointment Plus.
- If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one. Make an appointment and/or create an account.
- Prior to attending you will also need to create a KidCheck profile for you and your kiddo. View KidCheck instructions.
- We recommend making reservations 24 hours in advance.
- Cancellations can be made online through Appointment Plus.
- Children ages 6 months-10 years are welcome to attend Child Watch at PDRC.
- Children are welcome to stay for a maximum time of 1.5 hours.
- Call 303.460.6916 to reach the Child Watch desk at PDRC or call the Front Desk at 303.460.6900.
- Call 303.460.5508 to reach the Child Watch desk at BCC Or call the front desk at 303.464.5500.
Our mission is to provide a pleasant, healthy, and safe learning environment for all children within our care. We offer care for kids age 6 months up to their 10th birthday, whose legal guardians are participating in open recreation center activities or programs. Our goals are to hire staff qualified for positions through the City and County of Broomfield’s specific requirements. To develop age-appropriate activities that will aid in the development of social, emotional, intellectual and physical skills and to use positive methods of individual and group guidance that encourages independence and responsibility.
*This service is available to participants remaining inside the Recreation Center only.*
Appointments are now open to register for Childwatch.
- Reservations can be made a week in advance.
- We suggest registering 24 hours ahead of time.
Please make a Child Watch appointment.
|Type||Resident Fee||Non-Resident Fee|
|Drop-In||$1.50 Per half hour||$1.75 Per half hour|
What Parents Need to Know:
- Please label all personal belongings. We ask that personal toys and other items are left at home.
- Parents are required to check-in and out each visit in the Child Watch Room.
- Child Watch staff will ask Health screening questions and take temperatures at this time.
- Snacks are allowed if they are labeled and nut-free. Children will be asked to sit a table to eat snack.
- Staff will change kids age of 18 months and younger.
- Parents will be called back to the facility when necessary for changes.
- Special Needs: Please inform staff ahead of time of any special needs or behaviors that your child has so we can accommodate his/her needs. If your child requires special accommodations for participation, please contact: Nichole Bertsch 303.464.5545 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your child shows signs of illness while in our care, a parent will be contacted and asked to pick up their child immediately.
- Children exhibiting the following symptoms are asked to stay home:
- Fever in the last 48 hours
- Rash in the last 24 hours
- Green or yellow discharge from the nose
- Diarrhea, bloody stools, vomiting, pink eye or yellow discharge from the eye
- Strep throat, bronchitis or influenza/head lice
- A persistent cough
Building Safety Procedures:
In the event of a building evacuation or drill or other emergencies, the children will be asked to stay with our staff. The children may NOT leave with their parents, but the parents are welcome to join the group. Child Watch staff practice emergency drill procedures every three months and are prepared to handle emergency situations.
All City and County of Broomfield child sitting providers have extensive background checks through FBI and CBI, polygraphs, drug screens, and fingerprinting. Staff is C.P.R., First Aid, and Safety Certified.
If you have any questions please let us know. The child watch staff takes pride in keeping all children safe, healthy, and happy!