Child Sitting at the Paul Derda Recreation Center
A wonderful service for kid’s age 6 months up to their 10th birthday, whose parents are participating in open recreation center activities or programs. This service is available to participants remaining inside the Recreation Center only. Please pick up a parent information handbook for specific policies and procedures at the child sitting facility.
Hours Beginning May 29th, 2017
We now offer an online reservation system to accommodate ALL participants.
- To guarantee a spot, families will be able to make a reservation online, two days in advance.
- Reservations may be made online 24 hours a day.
- Drop-in care is welcome, based on space availability!
- Call 303-460-6916 to reach the Child Sitting desk, for further information.
Punches and Drop-in are per child per half hour. Child sitting is Included in the PDRC Recreation Pass. The annual child sitting pass must be purchased at the time you purchase your family pass and must run for the duration of the family pass.
What Parents Need to Know
- Please be advised to label all personal belongings.
- Parents are required to sign in and out each visit.
- Please only bring labeled and approved snacks
- Parents need to provide a change of diapers if necessary and a carrier for children who do not sit on their own.
If your child shows signs of illness while in our care, a parent will be contacted and asked to pick up their child immediately.
Children exhibiting some of the following symptoms are asked to stay home:
- A fever in the last 24 hours
- Rash in the last 24 hours
- Green or yellow discharge from the nose
- Diarrhea, bloody stools, vomiting, pink eye or yellow discharge from eye
- Strep throat, bronchitis or influenza/head lice
- Persistent cough
In case of an emergency evacuation such as fire, parents should not go to the child care room. Please use the nearest exit, and meet your child at the east parking lot by the service road.
Please inform staff ahead of time of any special needs or behaviors that your child has so we can accommodate his/her needs.
If you have any questions please let us know. The child sitting staff take pride in keeping all children safe, healthy and happy! If your child requires special accommodations for participation, please contact:
Kimberly Evelsizer at 303-460-6911 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
Beverly Sternberg at 303-460-6941 or email@example.com
Please call 303-460-6916 for more information or to reserve your child sitting spot.
All City and County of Broomfield child sitting providers had extensive background checks through FBI and CBI, polygraphs, drug screens and finger printing. Staff is C.P.R., First Aid and Safety Certified.
Child Sitting Goals
- Child Sitting will hire staff qualified for positions through the City and County of Broomfield’s specific requirements.
- Child Sitting’s goal for training is to encourage continued training and education for all staff members twice a year or when opportunities arise.
- Child Sitting’s goal learning is to develop age appropriate activities that will aide in the development of social, emotional, intellectual and physical skills.
- Child Sitting’s community goal is the value of parents, children, and employees
- Child Sitting’s goal for behavior is to use positive methods of individual and group guidance that encourages independence and responsibility.
- Child Sitting’s main objective is to provide a pleasant, healthy, and safe learning environment for all children within our care.