Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Important information for WIC clients related to COVID-19 (“coronavirus”)
The Broomfield WIC office is still able to serve clients during the COVID-19 outbreak. We are changing our practices temporarily to protect the community and our staff.
- WIC benefits are still available.
- All WIC appointments will be conducted on the phone.
- Please stay home.
- We will call you at your scheduled appointment time.
- If you need to schedule an appointment, please call 720.887.2225.
- Please make sure we have your current phone number.
Our goal is to continue to serve WIC clients and keep families and WIC staff safe.
Información importante para clientes de WIC relacionados con COVID-19 ("coronavirus")
La oficina de WIC de Broomfield todavía puede atender a los clientes durante el brote de COVID-19. Estamos cambiando nuestras prácticas temporalmente para proteger a la comunidad y a nuestro personal.
- Los beneficios de WIC todavía están disponibles.
- Todas las citas de WIC se realizarán por teléfono.
- Por favor quédate en casa.
- Lo llamaremos a la hora programada de su cita.
- Si necesita programar una cita, llame al 720.887.2225.
- Asegúrese de tener su número de teléfono actual.
Nuestro objetivo es continuar sirviendo a los clientes de WIC y mantener a salvo a las familias y al personal de WIC.
WIC provides supplemental foods, nutrition education, access to a dietitian, breastfeeding support, and healthcare referrals. Families on WIC can also receive other government benefits (SNAP/food stamps, TANF, Medicaid). WIC welcomes all parents and caregivers! If you are a dad, grandparent, foster parent or any caregiver of a child under 5 years of age, you may get WIC for your child.
To be eligible for WIC, a person must meet the following requirements:
- Be pregnant, a breastfeeding (up to one year postpartum) or non-breastfeeding (up to six months postpartum) woman, or an infant or a child up to five years old.
- Be income-eligible (see below).
- Have identification and proof of income and address (you do not have to be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for the WIC program).
To learn more about WIC eligibility, click here.
Online Nutrition Lesson
For currently enrolled participants, complete the online nutrition lesson before your next appointment by visiting WIC Online Nutrition Education.
Physician Authorization Form is federally required for patients with a medical condition to meet special nutritional needs.
In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call toll free 866.632.9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800.845.6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.