The COGCC's Orphaned Well Program will be onsite beginning the morning of Oct. 22, 2019, to complete all necessary repairs with the Davis 43-6 plugged and abandoned well.
Please view the newsflash, linked here, outlining next steps with the Davis 43-6 plugged and abandoned well repair. The COGCC's Orphaned Well Program will be onsite beginning the morning of Oct. 22, 2019, to complete all necessary repairs.
The next steps in the process include:
- Conducting a magnetometer survey of the area to definitively identify the well location. This work is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 18, 2019, or Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019.
- Utilities will be located by the end of the day Friday, Oct. 18, 2019, in preparation of excavation to uncover the top of the Davis 43-6 well casing.
- Excavation activities are currently scheduled to begin on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019.
- Prior to the start of excavation, Graham Peak Way will be barricaded off at the trail on the north end and at Middle Peak Drive on the south end.
- The project will include cutting a hole in the street, exposing the well pipe and other infrastructure, and then sliding a pipe around the casing and cement between the casing and pipe.
- It is anticipated that this work will take approximately two weeks from the time that the pipe is exposed.
Concurrently, the COGCC will be conducting further characterization of the extent of subsurface contamination and determining any necessary remediation requirements. A time frame for remediation will be set one COGCC further assess the contamination.