Broomfield Pals is a volunteer-based program that connects neighbors who can use a helping hand with projects at their homes. The two components of Broomfield Pals include:
- Snow Pals: Provides support with snow shoveling during the winter season.
- Yard Pals: Provides support with yard work during the summer and fall seasons.
Apply for Support
Residents Requesting Support
The Broomfield Pals program is a volunteer-based program that connects Broomfield residents who can use a helping hand with local volunteers who assist with yard chores and snow shoveling. Review the requirements below and submit an application to participate in the Broomfield Pals program.
- You are a Broomfield resident.
- You need volunteer support to complete snow shoveling and/or yard work at your home.
- You do not currently receive regular snow shoveling or yard work support from your neighbors, family and/or a paid service company.
- You must be able to provide all tools and/or equipment(in working order) necessary for a volunteer to complete the yard/snow chore tasks.
- This is a highly sought after program for low mobility, fixed-income and/or 24/7 caregivers who cannot afford a paid service. Please only apply if you do not have other support options.
- Snow Pals Application: The Snow Pals application for the 2023-2024 winter season will open in late summer. If you would like to be notified when the applications are released in 2023, please email Broomfield-Pals@Broomfield.org.
- Yard Pals Application: Applications to receive yard work support for 2023 are now closed. Those who have applied will be hearing about their volunteer match soon.
Sign Up to Volunteer
There are two ways to volunteer with the Broomfield Pals program:
- Yard Pals: provide yard work support during the summer and fall seasons View Yard Pal Volunteer Position Description. Currently recruiting volunteers!
- Snow Pals: provide snow shoveling support during the winter season. View Snow Pal Volunteer Position Description. Recruitment for this position will begin in the fall.
To apply as a Yard Pals volunteer, create an account on the Broomfield Pals VolunteerHub and select the ‘Yard Pals’ option! For questions, contact Broomfield-Pals@Broomfield.org.
For a list of current open volunteer opportunities, please visit Recruiting Volunteers Now! page.