Property Tax Exemption Information & Forms
When the state of Colorado's budget allows, 50% of the first $200,000 of
Regardless of whether the exemption is funded or not, your county assessor will continue to process new applications. The funding of the Senior Citizen Property Tax Exemption does not affect the Disabled Veteran Exemption. The Broomfield Assessor will continue to process new applications for the Senior Homestead Exemption and those who qualify for the first time are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is July 15.
Brochure - (Information for the Senior Homestead Exemption and the Disabled Veteran Exemption)
To apply, complete one of the applications below and send
Senior Homestead Exemption
- The qualifying senior must be at least 65 years of age as of January 1 of the year of application.
- The qualifying senior must occupy the property as his or her primary residence, and be the owner of
recordand must have done so for at least ten consecutive years prior to January 1 of the tax year. Limited exceptions to the ownership and occupancy requirements are detailed in the qualifications section of the application.
Long Form - (Application, Owner exceptions, and Instructions)
Disabled Veterans Exemption
This exemption is available to applicants who:
- sustained a service-connected disability while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces.
- were honorably discharged, and
- were rated by the Department of Veterans Affairs at 100% "permanent and total" disabled, and
- owned and occupied the home as his or her primary residence since January 1 of the year of application.
Disabled Veteran Exemption Instructions and Application
Disabled Veteran Surviving Spouse Exemption
The exemption is available to surviving spouses of disabled veterans who had the disabled veteran exemption and who passed away prior to January 1 of the current year. The property must be
To apply, print the application here:
Disabled Veteran Surviving Spouse Exemption Application
or an application may be obtained at the Division of Veterans Affairs at the following address:
Colorado Department of Veterans Affairs
Division of Veterans Affairs
1355 S Colorado Blvd.
Building C, Suite #113
Denver, CO 80222