The recreation department is thrilled to share that we will be opening the woodshop on Monday September 12th! To participate in the woodshop room, you will need to complete the following:
- Complete a woodshop release and waiver of liability.
- Read the policies and procedures manual.
- Complete and Pass a woodshop written safety exam. The written safety exam is an “open book” exam.
- Complete and Pass a practical exam.
After passing you will set up time to come into the woodshop for the practical exam to show your knowledge in the woodshop in person. There will be scheduled time available Monday and Thursday from 9:00 AM- 10:00 AM, which will be available via B-REx. If you need help setting up an account in B-REx and registering for these times you can reference this document. If you need additional assistance you can come into the Broomfield Community Center or call the front desk 303-464-5500.
If you cannot pass the exam we will be offering small classes to help with the manual and exam, as well showing the proper use of equipment. More information will be coming soon regarding classes.
After you have passed the written safety exam, the practical exam and completed the waiver and release of liability the following protocols will be in place.
- Woodshop Session times will be Monday - Friday from 9am - 12pm beginning on Monday September 12th.
- You will sign up for your session in Brex to participate. Sessions are included if you have an active pass or you can pay for each session when you register.
- The day of your session you will check in at the front desk to confirm your appointment.
- The room is limited to 10 participants per time slot.
- If you have completed the requirements there will be a “Woodshop Assessed Participant” tag in the woodshop to use every time you participate. Please remember to put this tag on as this gives the Volunteer supervisor knowledge that you have completed the process to utilize the equipment.
- All waivers and assessments will have to be passed on an annual basis.