James grew up in Spokane, Washington before attending law school in DC where he met his wife Alexis, who was born and raised in Broomfield. After graduation in 2013, James and Alexis decided to make Broomfield their home, purchasing Alexis' childhood home in Brandywine, where they are raising his three older children and their two young children. They are proud to call Broomfield home and have their children attend the same neighborhood schools as Alexis.
BAs in Political Science and Economics, 2008 - Eastern Washington University.
JD, 2013 - Georgetown University Law Center
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst for a financial services corporation that contracts with financial institutions to monitor client accounts for fraud and money laundering.
Philosophy of Local Government
James believes that local government exists to be a force for good for Broomfield residents. This is accomplished by ensuring that local services reflect the needs and aspirations of the community through innovation, sustainability, and ensuring the community is inclusive for everyone. James believes we do this by continuing to provide superior services to residents while constantly seeking to innovate with the ever-changing times.
- Volunteered with the Longmont Community Justice Partnership, working on restorative justice with juvenile offenders
- Volunteered with Adams 12 Leadership Academy
- Broomfield Health and Human Services Advisory Committee
- Broomfield Local Licensing Authority
- Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Parks, Recreation and Senior Services Advisory Committee
- Colorado Municipal League (CML) Policy Committee
- Metro Area County Commissioners (MACC)
Hobbies & Interests
James enjoys spending time with his family and engaging in DIY home projects. He also enjoys historical non-fiction and watching 49ers football.