Register online at B-REx.com
Nov. 15 - Resident Internet Registration starts on B-REx.com.
Nov. 29 - Non-Resident Internet Registration starts on B-REx.com.
Assistance With Registration and Classes
Don’t forget, if you see a class offered in the Program Guide and would like to participate but need assistance, please let us know. We would appreciate at least three weeks notice to allow us to time to provide the support you need to attend the class. We look forward to providing recreation for everyone. We’ll see you soon!
Click HERE for instructions on how to set up your B-Rex account.
Who Qualifies for a Resident Rate?
Any person owning taxable real or personal property in the City and County of Broomfield and can show verification. Any person permanently residing within the City and County of Broomfield (but who may not necessarily own property).
Those who wish to purchase any RESIDENT card or pass are required to show two forms of "verification of residency". You must present a Photo ID with your resident address and two of the following documents showing correct name, current date and current Broomfield address:
- A current valid Colorado driver's license or Colorado identification
- Utility bill (phone or water bill)
- Car registration
- Voter registration card
- Statement from major creditor
- Recent Broomfield County tax notice
- Rental contract/mortgage statement
If you work in Broomfield, you are eligible to receive the Resident Rate by showing proof of employment at a Broomfield business. Please note that resident status is for the employee only and entitles the employee to receive resident rates for admissions, passes, punch cards and recreation programs, but it is not applicable toward facility rentals. Other family members do not qualify for resident rates/status. The following proof of employment must be presented to receive the resident rates:
A Photo ID and one of the following:
- Recent Pay stub showing name and address of company
- Letter from employer on business letterhead (business cards are not accepted)
Each time you renew your Resident ID Card, Resident Punch Car or Resident Recreation Pass you will be asked to show current proof of residency.
Questions About Residency
If you are not sure whether you live within the Broomfield City and County Limits, please check your tax notice or call Broomfield Recreation Services at 303-464-5500 or 303-460-6900.
General Registration Policies
- A “resident” is a person who permanently lives or works within the city and county limits of Broomfield. Only the employed individual has resident status - other family members are considered non-residents.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.
- We encourage you to utilize the waitlist process whenever possible. Individuals on the waitlist will be contacted if spots become available and given first priority to added classes.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if the minimum enrollment is not met two business days prior to the first day of class.
- Please call 303-464-5500 or 303-460-6900 for questions concerning policies, classes, registration, residency, etc.
- Full refunds are issued only if the class is canceled by Recreation Services, or a proven hardship with the approval of the director. The city and county policy does not allow cash refunds.
- Administrative fees and any applicable cancellation fees will be assessed on any refund initiated by the participant.
- Refunds requested by the participant after the session has started are prorated.
Customer Credit Policy
- A customer may request a customer credit for canceled classes or withdrawal from a class. This credit will be retained on your account for two years.
- Credits will not be assessed an additional administrative fee at the time of withdrawal, however, some cancellation fees may apply depending on the program or pass.
- If the customer later requests a check or credit card refund of an account credit, a $10 administrative fee will be assessed.
- Credits requested after the program has begun will be prorated.
- This policy does not apply to trips.
- Participants are added to a waitlist anytime they are unable to register for their first program choice.
- When a space becomes available in a class, the first resident participant on the waitlist is contacted. Once all residents on waitlist have been contacted, non-residents will be contacted.
- The participant is called and informed that they have a space in a specific class. A message will be left on your voicemail if no one is home.
- The participant has three days from the initial call to reply and pay for the space. You may pay for the space over the phone with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express.
- If the Recreation Center does not hear back from the participant within the three days, the participant is removed from the waitlist and loses their ability to register for this program.
Returned Check Policy: City and County Ordinance #89
Any participant whose check is returned due to Non-Sufficient Funds or Uncollected Funds will be charged a $27 NSF fee. It is the policy of the City and County of Broomfield to submit a check once for payment. The NSF fee and the check reimbursement must be paid in cash or money order.
Reduced Rate Applications (formerly Scholarship Program)
A limited number of Reduced Rate Applications are available for residents of the City and County of Broomfield who may not be able to afford to use the recreational facilities or participate in recreation programs. Reduced rates are available to those who can show a financial need based on Tax Returns, W-2 and other financial information. All information is confidential and will only be used for scholarship recommendation. Please contact Angela Kochevar at 303-460-6922, for details.