Certified Business Map
On Dec. 22, Broomfield became eligible and started the process to apply for the 5 Star Business Certification Program through the Colorado Department of Health and Environment. On Dec. 30, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) announced the approval of the Broomfield Back to Business Certification Program.
Broomfield businesses can complete the Back to Business Certification application starting Dec. 28 at noon and schedule the required on-site inspection after application review.
- Applications open - Businesses will be contacted within 72 hours to either schedule an on-site inspection to occur after Jan. 6 or with follow up questions/revisions needed on the application.
- Watch the Broomfield Back to Business Q&A session.
- Weekly on Friday - Certified businesses will be notified of their approval to operate at restrictions ONE level lower than the current Broomfield County designation on the state’s Dial. Certified businesses will also receive a certification package to help communicate their certification, and be listed below.
- Monday, Jan. 11 - In the interest of the continued health and safety of our community, Back to Business Certified business will be able to operate in “Level Yellow: Concern” starting at 12 a.m. on Jan. 11, allowing the following to operate at 50% capacity or 50 people per room, whichever is fewer.
- Indoor restaurant seating (Last call will be 10 p.m., and bars that do not serve food will remain closed.)
- Indoor events can operate at up to to 50% capacity or 50 people per room, whichever is fewer. Last call will be 10 p.m., and bars that do not serve food will remain closed.
- Personal Services like salons
- Gyms/fitness centers
- Retail stores
- Office-based businesses
- Outdoor events (up to 175 people)
- The certified businesses will be notified of any changes in Broomfield public health CDPHE Dial Level status, so that have the most up-to-date operation and capacity guidance..
How You Can Prepare to Submit a Complete Application
- Review application questions
- Review Back to Business Certification FAQs
- Review the general and industry-specific Mitigation Checklist and prepare to complete the outlined steps.
- Prepare your application documents - you will need to submit:
- Business-specific written implementation & compliance plan.
- Business-specific plans for outbreak detection, reporting, and response. Exposure notification promotion & outreach to customers and employees. See Exposure notification toolkit.
- Publicly displayed instructions for a customer to lodge compliance concerns. See signage for you to print and display.
- Businesses and community members must continue to do our part by:
- Wearing a mask
- Washing hands frequently
- Interact with only your household as much as possible and following the current guidance on gatherings.
- Staying home if you’re sick
If you have questions, comments, or concerns, here are helpful resources:
Info@Broomfield.org or call 303.469.3301 - the best contact for questions, concerns, and feedback about the program and COVID-19 public health guidance.
Broomfield.org/COVID - the Broomfield City and County hub for COVID-19 information, including Broomfield's current level on the State’s “Dial,” details on public health guidance and operating restrictions, and COVID-19 news and events.
Sign up for the Economic Vitality eNewsletter for updates on the Back to Business program and more delivered to your inbox.