Availability of Food Assistance
- Meals on Wheels provides meals to seniors. Residents can call 303.464.5532 to register for Meals on Wheels and have a meal delivered to your home within 24 hours.
- Sign up for weekly check-in calls or find more resources for seniors by calling 303.464.5526
- Carry-Out Caravan grocery delivery is coming to Broomfield seniors age 60+! Volunteers take your order over the phone, shop your order, and deliver the order to your door the next day. You pay for the groceries, but there is no cost for the rest. Seniors age 60+ can begin enrolling in the program by calling 303.443.1933, ext. 414, apply online or email email@example.com.
- Home grocery delivery service is also available to RTD Access-a-Ride customers with no fare required. Customers interested in using this service must either contact the grocer or foodbank directly to set up the order and schedule the pickup time. Once the order has been placed and you have a scheduled pickup time, call Access-a-Ride reservations at 303.292.6560 and book a trip to pick up the groceries.
- Adams 12 Free meals are available for students for the 21/22 school year. Visit their Nutrition Services page for more information.
- Boulder Valley School District - All school meals (breakfast and lunch) are free for all students aged 18 and under through the end of the 2021-22 school year. No paperwork or verification are required to receive free meals while schools are in person.
- Jeffco Public Schools Click here for information on free or reduced cost lunch.
For Pregnant and Postpartum Women, Infants and Children
- WIC provides supplemental foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding support and healthcare referrals to income-eligible residents. WIC benefits are still available and many appointments can be conducted via telephone. Call 720.887.2225 to find out if you are eligible and schedule an appointment.