Availability of Food Assistance
- Meals on Wheels provides meals to seniors. Residents can call 303.464.5532 to register for Meals on Wheels and have a meal delivered to your home within 24 hours.
- Sign up for weekly check-in calls or find more resources for seniors by calling 303.464.5526
- Carry-Out Caravan grocery delivery is coming to Broomfield seniors age 60+! Volunteers take your order over the phone, shop your order, and deliver the order to your door the next day. You pay for the groceries, but there is no cost for the rest. Seniors age 60+ can begin enrolling in the program by calling 303.443.1933, ext. 414, apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Home grocery delivery service is also available to RTD Access-a-Ride customers with no fare required. Customers interested in using this service must either contact the grocer or foodbank directly to set up the order and schedule the pickup time. Once the order has been placed and you have a scheduled pickup time, call Access-a-Ride reservations at 303.292.6560 and book a trip to pick up the groceries.
- Adams 12 will be providing families the opportunity to pick up lunch and breakfast through walk-up and drive-thru meal service for children ages one to 18 through the summer.
- Boulder Valley School District will be distributing several meals’ worth of food items and fresh produce to qualified families in need. See the full list of food pickup locations.
- Jeffco Public Schools will provide ‘Grab and Go’ meals to students at these locations.
For Pregnant and Postpartum Women, Infants and Children
- WIC provides supplemental foods, nutrition education, breastfeeding support and healthcare referrals to income-eligible residents. WIC benefits are still available and many appointments can be conducted via telephone. Call 720.887.2225 to find out if you are eligible and schedule an appointment.