Veteran Service Office
Talk to a Veteran Employment Specialist today
All veterans and eligible spouses receive priority in all of Broomfield Workforce Center employment and training services. Our team is dedicated to helping you understand and align your skill sets with available opportunities across the state.
Our specialists know firsthand what businesses are looking for in a resume, and the questions employers are likely to ask in an interview.
We’ll guide you through:
- Translating military experience to civilian responsibilities
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview tips and techniques
- Identifying education, training and experience requirements
- Navigating online job boards and career fair resources
- Targeting your job search by industry, and more
Our goal is to provide you with the information necessary to make confident career choices and at no cost to you.
Our Veterans Employment Specialist provide intensive services to meet the employment needs of eligible Veterans and eligible spouses with significant barriers to employment (SBE), who have the most need.
Veteran must have served a minimum of 181 days of active duty (not including training), have other than a Dishonorable Discharge and one of the SBE’s below:
- Service Connected Disabled or Special Disabled
- Recently separated service member who has been unemployed in the previous 12 months for 27 weeks
- Have been incarcerated
- Lack a high school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Low income or receiving public assistance, such as SSI, TANF, SNAP (food stamps), etc.
- A Veteran between the ages of 18-24 years old
- Are within 24 months of retiring from military service or 12 months of separating and have been through TAP
- Are a Wounded Warrior, assigned to a Wounded Warrior Transition Unit or caregiver of a Wounded Warrior
- The caregiver or spouse of a Totally Disabled or Deceased Veteran, whose disability or death is service connected or the service member is listed as missing in action (MIA) or detained by a hostile foreign power while on active duty for 90 days or more
Contact Us Today at 303.464.5855
Broomfield Workforce Center is an equal opportunity program; auxiliary services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
This program is funded by U.S. Department of Labor and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.