What to Watch For
- How can we help you? Call the Children's Desk at 720.887.2315.
- Children's Patio is open! Our children's patio is open. Come enjoy some outdoor play.
- Regular programming returns! Please see our full list of programs on B-REx.com or in the digital Children's Newsletter below. September programs will take place outdoors.
Programs & Newsletter
- Regular programs for ages 0-12 are happening now! Most programs are drop-in (no registration). These include storytimes and programs for preschoolers and elementary schoolers.
- See the newsletters below for more detailed information for September and October. To look ahead for programs in upcoming months, go to B-REx.com.
- Programs are held at the Broomfield Library unless otherwise indicated. Specific program locations are subject to change - please ask at the Children's Desk (720.887.2315).
- Programs are added as they become available. Outdoor programs are offered weather permitting. Programs may be canceled if they do not meet minimum attendance. Please check the Children’s Library website and B-REx.com for updates.
For visitors using a screen reader,
Download a PDF of the September 2021 Children's Newsletter here. Download a PDF of the October 2021 Children's Newsletter here.
- Confident Parenting - September 23rd-October 28th, 6-7:30pm, Paul Derda Rec Center, for Parents and Caregivers - Designed for parents with children 2-5 years old, this course will support you in understanding your child's behavior, reduce yelling and family stress, help prepare your child for school. Contact the Broomfield Early Childhood Council for more information and registration.
- Baby Welcome Bags - Ages 0-12 months. Are you a Colorado resident who has welcomed a new baby into the family? Congratulations! The Library wants to help give your little one the best start in life. Stop by the Children's Library Desk and ask about our Baby Welcome Bags for babies up to 12 months old that contain some special gifts for your little one and great resources for caregivers. Funded by the Broomfield Library Friends Foundation.
- Internet Hotspots for Check-Out - Do you have unreliable internet or need internet access when the library is closed? Check out a mobile hotspot from the Broomfield Library. They are available to Broomfield residents ages 18 and older and can be checked out for three weeks. Come into the Library and ask at the Circulation desk to check one out. Visit the Library catalog for more information.
Family Place Library
- Come grow together here! - Enjoy a family-friendly environment that promotes literacy, early childhood development, family support, community building and information. Play and learn together to build strong, positive relationships to give children their best start in life.
- Children's Patio - Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.; Sunday 1-4:30 p.m. (Weather permitting.) Come enjoy some outdoor play together!
- Family Place Area - Available whenever the library is open. Enjoy crafts and toys together inside.
- inventHQ Open Hours - Our makerspace is open! See hours and details before you go.
- Online Resources - This is a great time to take advantage of our digital resources! Click on the icons below for books, movies, animated stories and more available through the library website! Some items may require your library card to sign in.