In compliance with the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act - Federal Law HR218, you may apply for a Retired / Separated Law Enforcement Officer Concealed Handgun Permit with the City and County of Broomfield if you qualify. Please read the following instructions carefully. Note: Retired/separated officers applying for a permit must reside or maintain a secondary residence within the City and County of Broomfield.
You may obtain a Retired / Separated Law Enforcement Officer Concealed Handgun Permit by:
- Downloading and printing the application and information packet
- Calling 720-887-2086 and requesting an application and information packet be sent to you
Please read the information packet thoroughly. It provides all of the information you will need to complete your application.
Once the application is completed, call 720-887-2086 to schedule an appointment.
- Leave the application unsigned -- you will need to sign it in front of a Police Department representative.
- Include a copy of the photographic identification issued by the agency from which you retired / separated from service as a law enforcement officer.
- Include proof of residency (Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado ID Card).
- Permits are good for one year and need to be renewed annually (including firearms qualification annually).
- If you are a retired law enforcement officer from an outside agency and living in the City and County of Broomfield:
- $48 fee; make checks payable to the Broomfield Police Department.
- If you are a retired officer from the Broomfield Police Department and living in or outside of the City and County of Broomfield:
- $13 fee; make checks payable to the Broomfield Police Department.