Public Art Committee
- 6 p.m.
- Regular meetings - second Wednesday of each month with additional meetings as needed.
- Subcommittee meetings are as needed.
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 6 p.m.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- No meeting in December
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes | View Archives
Ten members, including seven at-large members, one alternate at-large member, and two ex officio, non-voting council members. Members of the committee must be residents of the city, and if any member ceases to reside in the city, his or her membership shall immediately terminate.
| Member Name||Term Expires|
on March 31
|Matthew Cerrato, Secretary|| 2024|
| Betty Jackson|| 2022|
|Jennifer McSween, Vice Chair||2022|
| Vacant, Alternate||2022|
|Mary Wilkie, Chair||2022|
| Council Member Name||Term Expires|
| Sharon Tessier||December 2021|
| Deven Shaff||December 2021|
The ordinance of the Public Art Committee is to:
- There is hereby established a public art committee, which will advise the city council on the implementation of a public art program consistent with Creative Broomfield: A Master Plan for Cultural Development.
- The public art committee is charged with the responsibility of:
- Developing a public art master plan for submittal to city council which shall include guidelines governing public art funding, selection, acquisition, placement, installation, marketing and maintenance of works of art
- Developing an educational program for city residents and visitors on Broomfield’s public art program
- Conducting an annual inventory and condition assessment of the city’s public art collection
- Implementing the public art plan per the direction of city council
The Broomfield Public Art program enlivens public space, nurtures community identity and contributes to a vibrant city.
The mission of Broomfield Public Art is to reflect community spirit, enrich conversations, engage community and elevate a sense of belonging.
To achieve our vision and mission we are guided by the following values:
History and Potential of our Community
Diversity and Inclusivity
Update on the Public Art Mural
Upcoming Community Engagement Plan
PAC will be requesting public feedback in the naming of the Public Art Mural. From the initial list of names, PAC will narrow down the selections, and then submit to the public for a final vote. Broomfield Voice will be used to facilitate this process. This plan is on hold until later in 2021.
The Public Art Committee (PAC) created a Public Art Master Plan and Guidelines to facilitate acquisition of public art for the City and County of Broomfield which were adopted by City Council in 2004. In 2015, the City and County of Broomfield updated their arts and culture master plan, Creative Broomfield, which now incorporates the public art master plan.
Broomfield Ordinance for the Public Art Committee
Deaccession - Decommission Policy
Summary of Creative Broomfield
City & County of Broomfield (CCOB) Mission and Guiding Values
Boards and Commissions Member Conduct Policy
Megan Gilby, Arts & History Manager
Any interested citizen is invited to attend committee meetings. Applications for open positions are available in January of each year. Check out broomfieldpublicart.com the locations of public art.