Concealed Handgun Permits-New
If you are interested in applying for a Colorado Concealed Handgun permit with the City and County of Broomfield, please read the following instructions carefully. You may obtain a Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Application by:
- Downloading and printing the Application and Information Packet.
- If you are not a United States citizen, you must also complete a Supplemental Questionnaire Form.
- Picking up an application at the Broomfield Police Department, 7 DesCombes Drive, at the Records Counter.
- Calling 303.438.6491 and requesting an application be sent to you.
Applications are accepted Mondays and Tuesdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. or Fridays 9 a.m. to noon by appointment only (not including holidays) at the Court Security Unit at the Broomfield Police Department, 7 DesCombes Drive. Please call 303.464.5799 to make an appointment.
- Only complete application packets (application, training certificate, fingerprints, payment) will be accepted.
- Leave the application unsigned -- you will need to sign it in front of a Police Department representative.
- Include a copy of any training certificate received for handgun courses attended **online courses are not accepted by the Broomfield Police Department**
- Contact the Court Security Unit, located at 7 DesCombes Drive, to set an appointment to be fingerprinted on a Monday or Tuesday between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (not including holidays) or Friday 9 a.m. to noon. There is no charge for this service.
- Include proof of residency (Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado ID Card, or Military ID Card and Duty Orders). If you are not the owner of the residence, please provide a copy of the lease, rental agreement, or notarized letter from the property owner.
- It is currently taking up to 90 days to process applications.
- A personal check, cashier's check, or money order for $100 made payable to the Broomfield Police Department for the processing fee.
- A money order or cashier's check for $52.50 made payable to the Colorado Bureau of Investigations for the fingerprinting and background check (personal checks are not accepted for this fee). Make sure to save the receipt for the money order or cashier's check in case there is a need to verify if the check was cashed by the Colorado Bureau of Investigations.
- A personal check, cashier’s check, or money order for $152.50 made payable to the Broomfield Police Department for processing, fingerprinting and background check fees.