Compensation & Restitution

If you are:

  • A victim of a violent crime,
  • A dependent of a deceased victim, or
  • A person authorized to act on behalf of a victim,

you may be eligible to receive money to pay for expenses or damages.
To qualify, you must have reported the crime to the Broomfield Police Department, and the crime must have occurred within Broomfield city limits; or the crime happened in another state or country and you are a resident of the City and County of Broomfield.

A victim can be compensated for:

  • Medical expenses and/or counseling
  • Loss of earnings
  • Homemaker and home health services
  • Burial expenses
  • Loss of support to dependents
  • Eyeglasses, hearing aids, and other prosthetic or medically necessary devices
  • Doors, windows, or locks damaged during a burglary, domestic violence incident, or criminal trespass or a residence

Call Victim Services or the Seventeenth Judicial District Victim Compensation Victim/Witness 303-835-5614 or 303-835-5615 to find out how to apply.


In some cases, the court orders the defendant to pay the victim for loss of property, damages, or other expenses incurred as a result of the crime. You may also call the District Attorney's Office at 720-887-2199, or Broomfield Combined Courts at 720-887-2100 for information on restitution, or contact Victim Services.