Outdoor Commercial Water Rebates
Broomfield is committed to helping businesses save water. As part of that commitment, Broomfield is constantly looking for ways to reduce water consumption by paying customers to convert to water-saving fixtures and practices. Commercial customers make up a quarter of Broomfield's annual sales, which means they have the potential to make a big difference in Broomfield's overall conservation plan.
Please note: Broomfield is a Denver Water customer. Therefore, Broomfield's Rebate Program is consistent with the Denver Water Rebate Program and uses the same qualifying purchases. The qualifying model lists presented below link to the Denver Water Website.
Rebate Program Rules
- Rebates are offered for qualifying controllers and nozzles.
- Rebate funds are limited and awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Property must be a commercial property and receive treated water from Broomfield.
- All application forms must be accompanied by a valid sales receipt. A valid receipt shows purchaser name, installation address, date purchased, manufacturer name/make, model number, and the price for each item. The valid receipt must indicate the item is paid-in-full. Taxes and labor are excluded.
- Online purchases must show the manufacturer make and model of the appliance or fixture. Purchases must show a “paid” status.
- Application forms without complete information or a valid receipt will be returned to the applicant.
- A property is not eligible to receive a rebate for the same item for 10 years:
EXAMPLE: A property that receives a weather-based smart controller rebate in 2015 is not eligible to receive the same rebate until 2025.
- Applications must be submitted within 90 days of purchase.
- Installation must be completed within 12 months.
- Only new devices qualify. Devices that are used, refurbished, rented, received from warranty or insurance claims, exchanged or won as a prize do not qualify for this rebate
- New devices must replace less efficient previous models.
- Broomfield may request access to a customer's properties in order to verify installation of devices eligible for rebates.
- Failure to cash a rebate check within 90 days of issuance shall void the rebate and shall relieve the City and County of Broomfield of any obligation to pay the rebate. Rebate checks cannot be reissued.
- Make a copy of the entire application and receipt, and keep the copy for your records.
Commercial Weather-Based Smart Controllers
Pre-approval is required for rebate amounts of more than $2,500 (controllers over $10,000). Submit your pre-approval application prior to purchase.
Broomfield will pay its large irrigation and commercial customers 25% of purchase price of weather-based smart controllers.
- Purchase a new smart controller along with any required weather instrumentation and have it installed at the service address.
- Multiple smart controllers are allowed per account.
- The original receipt for the smart controller(s) must be attached to the application. (Keep a copy of your receipt for your personal records.)
- Broomfield must verify installation and may call to schedule an inspection visit.
Be aware that smart controllers must not operate between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. In rare conditions, the controllers may operate more than three days a week.
Commercial Irrigation High-Efficiency or Rotary Nozzles
Pre-approval is required for rebate amounts of more than $2,500 (1,251 or more nozzles). Submit your application prior to purchase.
Broomfield will pay its large irrigation and commercial customers $2 per nozzle, $20 minimum purchase.
- See the list of qualifying models.
- Once the nozzles are installed, Broomfield may schedule an inspection.