Residential Water Rebate Rules
- A separate rebate application is required for each type of device.
- Rebates are awarded to Broomfield water customers on a first come, first served basis, dependent on available funds.
- All rebate applications must be submitted within 90 days of purchase. No exceptions.
- Water rebates will be issued as a credit on your water bill. Credit balances will carry forward. Checks will be sent to recent home sellers that no longer reside at the property and rental property owners.
- New construction and homes less than 1 year old do not qualify.
- All application forms must be accompanied by a valid sales receipt and must include the following information:
- date purchased;
- manufacturer name/make and model number (provide a copy of the cover of the owner's manual or packaging if it's not printed on the receipt);
- the price for each item;
- method of payment (i.e. check, credit card, debit card, cash, etc.)
- Online purchase receipts must also include the purchaser name and installation address. Online confirmations do not qualify as valid receipts.
- A valid receipt may be in the form of an itemized invoice. Taxes, installation, labor and shipping/handling are excluded.
- The rebate applicant must be the purchaser of the fixture.
- Rebates apply to qualifying items.
- Duplicate receipts without barcodes will not be accepted.
- Application forms without complete information or a valid receipt will be returned to the applicant.
- Eligibility for rebates is limited to once every 10 years for the same item at the same property:
- Three (3) toilets
- One (1) weather-based smart controller with rain sensor
- One (1) rebate for rotary nozzles
- One (1) smart whole home water monitoring system with leak detection and automatic shut-off valve
EXAMPLE: A customer who receives a controller rebate in 2015 is not eligible to receive another controller rebate until 2025.
- Two (2) Rain Barrels
- You can submit a paper application online to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Broomfield Water Conservation Rebates, City and County of Broomfield, 1 DesCombes Drive, Broomfield, CO 80020.
- If you live in an apartment or condominium, contact the management office and obtain your water account number.
Include the account number on the rebate application.
- Only new fixtures/devices qualify. Fixtures that are used, leased, refurbished, rented, received from warranty or insurance claims, exchanged or won as a prize do not qualify for this rebate. New construction does not qualify.
- Broomfield may request access to a customer's properties in order to verify installation of devices eligible for rebates.
- Failure to cash a rebate check within 90 days of issuance shall void the rebate and shall relieve the City and County of Broomfield of any obligation to pay the rebate. Rebate checks cannot be reissued.
- Make a copy of the entire application and receipt, and keep the copy for your personal records.
FAQ - Click this link to see answers to some of our Frequently Asked Questions
Call 303-464-5601 or email email@example.com.